Thursday 22 May 2014

Fine Techniques for some Fine Jewellery

Since I started working with Marius at his shop, Marius Nel Jewellers, I have learnt more then I thought possible in such a short time. My style of jewellery has always tended towards the contemporary style but the exposure to the techniques used in manufacturing fine jewellery has helped me to refine my own work.
I am in one of the best positions to be in as a jeweller, I am able to design and manufacture my own pieces as well as learn all the tricks of the trade from someone who has been in the industry for years. We are working together on many new pieces, which can be seen below. Marius gives me designs for theses and I manufacture them for his shop.

A sterling silver brushed finish gypsy style ring with round, cabochon green agate.

No comments:

Post a Comment